Updated : April 13, 2021 – 1PM
—Level 4–Maximum Alert (red) from in Montreal Great area—
- Kama La Mackerel — ZOM-FAM, suspended until further notice.
- Diana León — Sur ce chemin tu es sûre de te perdre, free webcast performance.
- Heather Mah — Pomegranate, suspended until further notice.
- Hodra Adra — Les formes qui nous traversent, suspended until further notice.
- Taking Place series (Babylift, dead, Gender diasporist, Hotter than a pan, Empty Mountain, real talk #2.0, 1+1=0), cancelled.
- FakeKnot — Whip, suspended until further notice.
- Gabriel Dharmoo — Bijuriya’s drag cabaret, free webcast performance.
—OPENING TO THE PUBLIC ON MARCH 26—
- Ariana Pirela Sánchez — Deux solitudes dans une même présence, on-site performance.
- Cyndi Charlemagne – Soul Whisper, on-site performance.
We are working to reschedule, when possible, cancelled performances.
All purchased ticket holders will be contacted individually by email for performances scheduled during this period. A number of options will be offered.
The MAI’s offices are closed to the public.
The MAI has stopped operating on-site. All employees are now working from home.
studios (223 & 428)
Although many restrictions have been relaxed by our governments, our studios remain closed. As always, the balance of your paid hours in 2020 will be respected when our operations resume.
If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate department:
General questions: [email protected]
Box office: [email protected]
Rentals: [email protected]
Accompanying program – Complices: [email protected]
Media Relations: [email protected]
For other departments: https://www.m-a-
Please follow our social networks and our website for future updates.
MAI AND COVID-19: HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOL
MAI (Montréal, arts interculturels) is very happy to welcome you back in its spaces!
To ensure the safety of everyone, we have implemented a set of preventive measures recommended and required by the health authorities of Quebec, Canada and the World Health Organization in terms of personal hygiene and the use of enclosed public spaces, including daily disinfection of frequently touched public surfaces in our spaces. Please keep in mind that the preventative measures we implement can be modified without warning and within a short time frame to reflect changing circumstances.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING NOTE OF THESE MEASURES BEFORE YOUR NEXT VISIT AT MAI!
PUBLIC SPACES – STRATHERN BUILDING, ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES AND REHEARSAL STUDIOS
- Masks must be worn at all times in the corridors of the Strathern Centre, as well as in MAI’s administrative offices and rehearsal studios;
- Mandatory hand cleaning at the entrance of the building. Disinfection stations for this purpose are installed on site.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory. You must keep your mask once you are seated in your designated seat ;
- The theater is redesigned as an immersive installation by artist Paul Chambers. Eleven seats only are made available to the public during each performance, each separated by a distance of one and a half meters (2m) ;
- MAI’s café-bar, redesigned for sanitary circulation, opens its doors as usual one (1) hour before each performance. The service is done directly at the tables;
- Our reception team will be pleased to guide you throughout your stay in our spaces. Be patient and understanding, we are here to accompany you before and after each performance! 🙂
- Reservation is required to visit our gallery space. Our reception team will then be happy to inform you about the procedure to follow;
- Space is limited to fifteen (15) people at the same time;
- Physical distance of two (2) meters mandatory.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, have recently been in contact with someone who has the virus or have returned from a trip outside the country less than fourteen (14) days ago, please reschedule your visit to MAI.
If you have any questions about the health measures put in place by MAI, please contact us at (514) 982-1812 or at [email protected].
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The MAI team