Technical Director Assistant
(under the supervision of the Technical Director)
The MAI (Montréal, arts interculturels) is looking to fill the position of Technical Director Assistant, a permanent position within its team.
MAI (Montréal, arts interculturels) is a multidisciplinary presenter in professional contemporary art that presents original creations in dance, music, theater, interdisciplinary arts, visual and media arts. The MAI stimulates the collaboration of various partners and welcomes artists within the framework of local, national and international projects. Above all, MAI supports artists who have an intercultural approach.
The main tasks of the Technical Director Assistant is to assist the Technical Director in all his daily tasks, such as :
- Maintenance of lighting, sound and other equipment;
- Participate in the assembly and disassembly (sound, lighting and video projection);
- During shows, the assistant must see to the proper functioning of the material and equipment;
- Occasionally act as stage manager;
- Ensure the smooth running of the show in collaboration with the artists;
- Participate in the production of the show; deal with the resources available to meet the technical demands of artists;
- Perform any other related task.
- Requirement: Training or experience in stage technique;
- Ability to work in a team, react quickly and work under pressure.
- Autonomy, initiative and a dynamic attitude.
- Location: 3680 rue Jeanne-Mance, Montreal (Quebec);
- Position: permanent, full time (35 hours per week);
- Schedule: variable depending on the activity: days, evenings and weekends;
- Salary: to be discussed
Starting date: Monday, January 5th, 2022
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the attention of Philip Richard-Autier, Technical Director, before Friday, November 19, 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
MAI is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment to all employees and applicants. We therefore encourage applicants to voluntarily declare whether they are members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous, people with disabilities and members of 2SLGBTQQIPAA + communities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. An acknowledgment of receipt will be sent to you, however, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
MAI acknowledges that the land on which we live and work is part of the unceded territories of the Kanien’keha:ka nation.