Studio residencies consist of a maximum of 40 hours of studio time in one of the MAI’s two rehearsal studios. Hours must be used within a 3-month period.
The MAI welcomes artistic approaches that are hybrid, rigorous and relevant in the intercultural context. In particular, we welcome proposals from artists from culturally diverse backgrounds, visible and invisible minorities (including Deaf artists and artists with disabilities), members of the LGBTQQIP2SAA community, and artists of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit descent. Proposals from these artists will take precedence.
- Candidates must be an independent artist, artist collective, or group legally constituted as an artistic company (not-for-profit) to apply.
To submit a studio residency request, you will need to fill out the residency request online form. Required documents:
- Artist’s bio (in case of individual artists) or history of collective (in the case of collectives)
- Artist’s CV
- Description of the project you will be working on during the residency
- Description of your project’s and/or practice’s intercultural dimension
- Documentation of previous and/or current work
- Proposed residency calendar (including dates and booking times*)
* Note: artists can book for a maximum of 3 hours at a time.
(514) 982-1812 #221