Studio residencies consist of a maximum of 40 hours of studio time in one of the MAI’s two rehearsal studios. Hours must be used within a 3-month period.
For this residency program, the MAI intercultural artistic approaches, the ones that unfold across cultures, practices, ways of inhabiting the world, currents and influences. We also welcome proposals from Indigenous artists (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit), racialized artists (including racialised recent immigrants), members of the 2SLGBTQQIPAA+ communities and/or neurodiverse or differently abled artists as well as artists living with disabilities and chronical diseases and Deaf artists. Proposals from these artists will take precedence.
- Candidates must be an independent artist, artist collective, or group legally constituted as an artistic company (not-for-profit) to apply.
To submit a studio residency request, you will need to fill out the residency request online form. Required documents:
- Artist’s bio (in case of individual artists) or history of collective (in the case of collectives)
- Artist’s CV
- Description of the project you will be working on during the residency
- Description of your project’s and/or practice’s intercultural dimension
- Documentation of previous and/or current work
- Proposed residency calendar (including dates and booking times*)
* Note: artists can book for a maximum of 3 hours at a time.
(514) 982-1812 #221